Raglan Art to Wear runs every two years in May. The shows attract a large number of entries, mostly from Raglan but also from Hamilton and the greater Waikato.
The next Raglan Art to Wear is in 2018. It will be held in the Raglan Town Hall in June.
- Saturday 2nd June 2pm
- Saturday 2nd June 7pm Adult’s Awards Presentation
- Sunday 3rd June 2pm Children’s Awards Presentation
Here are the five sections for Raglan Art to Wear 2018:
- Circus circus – children’s section
- Paua Power – colour section
- Up cycled – recycled section
- Heads up – mystery box, more details to come
- Kaitiakitanga – ‘stewardship of the environment and resources for future generations’
If you have entered before, or seen the show and thought I can do that, or are completely new to wearable arts, then 2018 is your year. Download the Entry Form by clicking on the image on the right or here: 2018 Art to Wear entry form
Organiser Jean Carbon says, “We get fantastic
sponsorship from the local community. The event is deliberately planned for winter to attract visitors to the town when it’s quiet, although it wasn’t always that way – it was originally the grand finale to the annual arts-focused summer schools based at the Old School Arts Centre in Stewart Street.”
Raglan Art to Wear is organised on behalf of the Raglan Community Arts Council by the Raglan Art to Wear Committee. Any enquiries contact Jean 825 8877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org